Making a new top mould.
First, I built a frame to hold the plug. Waxed it well and put on two coats of gelcoat in a colour I was unlikely to use for a hull (this makes things easier later)
Next the matting goes on. If I remember correctly 6 layers of CSM but the job is so boring I may have mis-remembered.
The mould for the planing surface.
The mould for the planing surface was made from a plywood frame with a hardboard surface and was in a very sorry state. After several attempts at restoring it I decided to make it good enough to get one part out of it and make a new mould from that.
The mould above has been filled with pounds of car body filler, painted and waxed.