Well Retrochallenge 2017/4 is coming to an end and it’s time to wrap up this season’s efforts.
I set myself the challenge of adding CF card support to my Interak-1 and basically, I didn’t make it.
However, since the last post I have made some progress; I have tried two new CF cards (thanks to Spencer at RC2014.co.uk for that). These gave different results to the original and seemed to work better.
I still don’t understand why two different but equivalent I/O commands give different results. It has been suggested that timing is the issue here but I don’ know enough about Z80 hardware to try and add a wait-state when accessing the CF card.
The current state of play is that I think I can read the card but as I don’t have a way of writing to the card on a different machine, I can’t prove it :-(. I have a write routine written on the Interak but I don’t think it’s working.
On the plus side, I have built an adapter to add a CF card to my machine by adapting hardware intended for the splendid RC2014 machine. That’s not too shabby.
There is more work to be done here.
So long Retrochallenge, it’s been fun. See you in October!.